BigFix 9.5 Patch 5 is now available

Finally the “Run as specified User” option, great!

3 Likes

Run as specified User feature - sounds very intresting…

1 Like

22 posts were split to a new topic: Trying out new 9.5.5 “Run As Specified User” capability

The upgrade can proceed now if you have at least Patches for Mac OS X site version 396, The site publication has been fixed.

4 Likes

There was an issue gathering the site with the AirGap utility. The BES Support site has been updated to correct this with version 1326

Awesome! Should much simplify some of our scheduling. It’s been a problem when we queue up patch actions a few days ahead of time and then Something Changes and I have to use my master operator account to stop the actions. That’s the most frequent use case for our master operator accounts and we end up remoting off to another server to save the pain of console logoff/logon to switch accounts.

Looking over that post in fact there’s a lot to like. You guys have been busy!

5 Likes

Hi,

Is there an available documentation for the step by step installation of the 9.5.5 Patch? We are running Bigfix 9.5.2 on Windows 2008 R2 Standard. Thanks in Advance.

Are you looking for anything in particular beyond the links provided in the original post?

Additional information about the upgrade:

Hi Aram,

Thanks for the Link. I am just thinking if there is a different procedure if we only need to upgrade 9.5.2 to 9.5.5 because its only a minor update. It’s our first time to do an upgrade. Thanks

Upgrades to the clients and relays are fairly simple and can be done with the product itself, the server upgrade you should make sure you follow the procedures including making a db backup.

Hi Alan,

Is there a procedure that shows which service needs to be stop or files to be copied before the start of installation? OR just straight forward install?

The links @Aram posted ( https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Installation/c_upgrading1.html and https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Installation/c_upgrading1_linux.html ) have the info you need. The installers should provide all the service maintenance you need but its the preparation you should be most aware of for the server. The issues are duration of the upgrade and the backups etc. Please do read the procedures before if this is your first upgrade.

Great stuff…but what happened to the ping option on console? It was there on 8.2 under right-click options. Even trace will be much appreciated.

Hi Alan,

Can I just download the installer to upgrade the server and just use the fixlet to upgrade the other components? or we need to use the installation manager to generate all the installers to use? thanks in advanced.

Yes. You can leverage the installer to create the Server/Console upgrade, and Fixlets to upgrade the remaining components.

Hi Aram,

The BESAdmin tool becomes not responding at the last part. Can i closed it and run again? Thanks

I’d suggest that you let it continue to run as it is likely still performing work, and can take some time to finish depending on your environment.

Hi Aram,

Below is the screenshot of the installation. Thanks

Thanks Aram. We’ll just wait then.

Hi Aram,

Its already 1 hour, is that normal? We have about 6000 endpoints and running remote database.Thanks