BigFix 9.5 Patch 19 is now available!

The BigFix Team is pleased to announce the release of version 9.5 Patch 19 (9.5.19.131) of BigFix Platform.

The main features in this release are as follows:

Added support for:

• BigFix Agent on Windows 11 21H2
  • Active Directory 2016 with Forest functional level Windows Server 2016 and Enterprise Certification Authority, for BigFix Server running on Windows only

Security enhancements

Defect Articles (DA) and defect fixes

Upgraded the following libraries:
libcURL to version 7.79.1.
OpenSSL to version 1.0.2zd.
jQuery UI to version 1.13.1
zlib to version 1.2.12

Additional information about this release
The standalone BigFix tools are published under the 9.5 Utilities section on the BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center.

References
See the full technical changelist.

Pre-Upgrade Considerations

• All BigFix Platform components are being released in this patch.
  • Ensure to STOP the WebUI and any other active application connecting to the BigFix database BEFORE starting the upgrade.
  • The unixODBC RPM package is a prerequisite for the Server components on Linux systems (see Server Requirements info). This applies to version 9.5 Patch 17 and later.
  • A manual Server upgrade is required if you upgrade from a version earlier than 9.5.5. Refer to BigFix 9.5.5 Release Notes for more information.

Useful links

BigFix downloads and release information
Upgrade instructions in HCL Help Center
BigFix Server on Linux
BigFix Server on Windows

Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1466 (or later).

BigFix client folder means “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client”

I can’t open the BigFix client folder after upgrade to 9.5.19.131.
I can open the folder at the 9.5.18 version.

I once uninstalled the BigFix client by remover and installed the version (9.5.19.131) in my win10 PC.
I could re-happened this issue. So Please check this issue at your environment.

BigFix client folder means “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client”

You need admin rights to open that folder. Are you running an admin account?

My issue was caused by PC trouble.
Other PC were fine after update. Sorry for your confusion.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.