The BigFix team is pleased to announce the release of version 9.5 Patch 17 (18.104.22.168) of the BigFix Platform.
The main features in this release are as follows:
- DAs and defect fixes
- Added support for DB2 Version 11.5.4
- Added support for BigFix Server and Console running on Windows Server 2019.
- Added support for BigFix Agent running on:
o MacOS 11.0 x86 64-bit.
o Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops.
Upgraded the following external library:
- The Curl library was upgraded to Version 7.73.0
Additional information about this release
After applying this Platform patch, when a new WebUI update is published, in deployments where WebUI is configured not to auto-update, the WebUI service will no longer be automatically restarted.
New RPM package required. Starting from Version 9.5 Patch 17, the unixODBC RPM package must be installed for the Server component on Linux systems (see Server Requirements info).
The standalone BigFix tools are published under the 9.5 Utilities section on the BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center.
- All BigFix Platform components are being released in this patch.
- Ensure to STOP the WebUI and any other active application connecting to the BigFix database BEFORE starting the upgrade.
- A manual Server upgrade is required if you upgrade from a version earlier than 9.5.5. Refer to BigFix 9.5.5 Release Notes for more information.
BigFix downloads and release information
Upgrade instructions in HCL Help Center
Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1444 (or later).