BigFix 9.5 Patch 14 is now available

The BigFix team is pleased to announce the release of version 9.5 Patch 14 (9.5.14.73) of the BigFix Platform.
The main features in this release are as follows:

• Security enhancements

• APAR and defect fixes

• Added support for new database levels
    IBM DB2 Server Version 11.5 Standard Edition

• Added support for BigFix Agent for:
    – Win10 1909
    – Win10 2004
    – SLES 15 on PPC
    – RHEL8 on Intel
    – RHEL8 on PPC64LE
    – MacOS 10.15 (Catalina)
    – CentOS 8

Note: On CentOS 8, the Client UI might fail to launch.

• Upgraded the following external libraries:
    – libssh2 to version 1.8.2
    – OpenLDAP to version 2.4.42

Additional information about this release

References

Pre-Upgrade Considerations

• All BigFix Platform components are being released in this patch.
  • Ensure to STOP the WebUI and any other active application connecting to the BigFix database BEFORE starting the upgrade.
  • A manual Server upgrade is required if you upgrade from a version earlier than 9.5.5. Refer to the 9.5.5 release notes for more information.

Useful links
BigFix downloads and release information

Upgrade instructions in HCL Help Center

Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1423 (or later).

10 Likes

Great job BigFix development & QA teams! Just finished upgrading my home lab to patch 14. Looking forward to exercising the new features.

6 Likes

Was there support added for DB2 11.1? I did not see it in the release notes and not sure if the Assumptions and Requirements documentation have been updated. https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/Platform/Installation/c_database_requirements.html
Thank you!

I noticed that all of the CVE’s in the release notes are for libssh2… Could we get some information as to where libssh2 is being used in the BigFix stack, and on what platforms?

Also, is there a place where we as customers can lookup the BFP-xxxx reference numbers to get additional details on the fixes/impacts?

Please see the following link for more information on the CVEs (affected versions/components detailed near the bottom of the page):

https://hclpnpsupport.service-now.com/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=717c99991b78401883cb86e9cd4bcb4e

And while the BFP-xxxx reference numbers are not searchable via the support portal, the APARs references are. Here is an example:

https://hclpnpsupport.service-now.com/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=c3e7d4211b7c881883cb86e9cd4bcbd0

1 Like

Great, that’s exactly what I needed… Appreciate it.

Thanks for the links!

Why was the security bulletin link left out of the main announcements (forum, email)? Can it please be included there in the future?

Is it supported on RHEL8?

Yes, 9.5.14 supports RHEL 8 on Intel as indicated in the original post. The v9.5.14 of the BESClient is working fine in my lab.

What about BigFix server 9.5.14, is it supported on RHEL8 OS?

No, RHEL8 is not yet supported for the Root Server with v9.5.14, though it is on our radar.

At the bottom of this announcement, it states “Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1423 (or older)”. Not sure how to view this from my end. Upgrade Fixlets have always been available to our installation. However, I am looking in my Console now and do not see them.

currently have 9.5.13.130 installed.

Thank you!

is your root server pending restart?

1 Like

Hi Sir, We upgraded version to 9.5.14 but for Patching option RHEL 8 Site yet not available on Bigfix Management License Overview Option

v9.5.14 introduces Agent support for RHEL 8. Patch support is upcoming. (CC: @drothert )

Installing a brand new server, no navigation panel, let alone “Install Server” button in the launchpad after going through the Installation Generator.

I’m hoping you’ve since gotten past the installation guide issue you describe above, however, for reference, you can install the Server (as well as other components) by accessing the setup files under the BES Installers folder (by default under: C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Installers). So, for instance, for the BigFix Server, the setup executable would be at the following location by default on Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Installers\Server\setup.exe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.