The BigFix team is pleased to announce the release of BigFix 10 Platform! The main features in this release are as follows:
BigFix 10 provides you with a single, comprehensive view of all your endpoints, regardless of whether they are in the cloud or on premise. This feature extends the BigFix capabilities to eliminate unmanaged cloud blind spots in your AWS, Azure, and VMWare environments by using native cloud APIs to discover unmanaged servers across multiple cloud providers simultaneously. With this feature, you can also easily deploy the BigFix Agent to provide deeper levels of visibility and control in order to bring your cloud devices into full management.
For details, see Extending BigFix management capabilities and Managing cloud assets.
Enhanced security with an option to deploy Relays as authenticating
As a BigFix Administrator, you can now choose to install Relays as authenticating at the time of deployment. By using this option, you can streamline the best practice of securing and configuring the internet-facing Relays, thereby safeguarding your environment and data against threats.
For details, see Authenticating Relays.
Improved support for multiple Web Report servers for REST API calls
When you have multiple BigFix Web Reports servers in your environment, you can define a priority order in which you want specific queries sent to the REST API. This feature introduces more flexibility to the way you control your integrations, while avoiding potential impacts to your operational environment.
For details, see Web Reports.
Enhanced logging for the BigFix Agent
The BigFix Agent logs now include additional endpoint identification information (including OS, hostname, and IP address) and Relay selection data to help you improve serviceability and simplify troubleshooting.
- Improvements to the Take Action Dialog to avoid targeting ‘all computers’ by default
- Introduced MAC address as a reserved property
- Added support for:
- BigFix Server for Windows Server 2019
- BigFix Relay for SuSE 15 AMD/Intel
- BigFix Agent for Amazon Linux 2
- APAR and defect fixes
- Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.2u
OS and Database Support Changes
BigFix 10 introduces some changes to the minimum supported versions of Operating Systems and Databases for various BigFix components. Notable among these changes is that the BigFix 10 Server now requires Windows Server 2012 R2+/SQL Server 2012+ or RHEL 7/DB2 11.5.
For details, see Detailed system requirements.
- This release includes all the BigFix Platform components. It also includes a brand-new component called the Plugin Portal that enables the Multicloud and Modern Client Management capabilities.
- Upgrade paths to BigFix 10 begin with v9.5.10 or later. For details, see Upgrade paths (Windows) and Upgrade paths (Linux).
- For detailed information on the specific changes to minimum supported versions of operating systems and databases for BigFix 10, see Detailed system requirements.
- BEFORE getting started with the upgrade process, stop any active application that is connected to the BigFix database (such as Web Reports, WebUI, BigFix Inventory, or BigFix Compliance).
Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1433 (or later).
– The BigFix Platform Team