The BigFix Team is pleased to announce the release of version 10 Patch 6 (10.0.6.84) of BigFix Platform. The main features in this release are as follows:
Defect Articles (DA) and defect fixes
Added support for Raspberry PI OS 11 (Agent)
Performance improvements in the PlugIn Portal to reduce RunAction execution time: the Plugin Portal supports full BigFix scale for cloud and mobile devices and is now more efficient than ever! Memory requirements have been reduced by 89% per plugin, with an 18% improvement in the Run Actions execution time!
Upgrade of the following libraries:
OpenSSL to version 1.0.2zd
zlib to version 1.2.12
jquery to version 3.6.0
jquery-ui to version 1.13.1
For details, see the technical specification section below.
Additional information about this release
The standalone BigFix tools are published under the 10.0 Utilities section in BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center.
A Non-Functional Requirements checklist, covering both performance and security management of your BigFix deployment, is available at BigFix Performance & Capacity Planning Resources
- This release includes all the BigFix Platform components. It also includes the Plugin Portal that enables the Multicloud and Modern Client Management capabilities.
- The unixODBC RPM package is a prerequisite for the Server components on Linux systems (see Server Requirements). This applies to version 10.0.2 and later.
- Upgrade paths to BigFix 10 begin with v9.5.10 or later. For details, see Upgrade paths (Windows) and Upgrade paths (Linux).
- For detailed information on the specific changes to minimum supported versions of operating systems and databases for BigFix 10, see Detailed system requirements.
- Before getting started with the upgrade process, stop any active application that is connected to the BigFix database (such as Web Reports, WebUI, BigFix Inventory, or BigFix Compliance).
Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1466 (or later).
– The BigFix Platform Team