The BigFix Team is pleased to announce the release of version 10 Patch 5 (10.0.5.50) of BigFix Platform. The main features in this release are as follows:
Improve AWS discovery efficiencies by selecting the AWS regions to be scanned
You now have a better control on discovering cloud endpoints in the AWS cloud by optionally filtering specific AWS regions to be scanned during the endpoint discovery process. For details see here
Add flexibility to the Plugin Portal installation by supporting a custom installation path
When installing the Plugin Portal on Windows, you now have the flexibility to specify a custom installation path to avoid OS/application storage contention. For details see here
Automatic resource pooling for Relay connections
The new 10.0.5 Relays will automatically manage connection pools for Relay connections. This optimizes the entire Relay chain, from the leaf nodes to the Root Server, and increases Relay throughput for secure TLS 1.2 connections by 600% while reducing the number of overall connections (in some cases, by 75%!). This all just “happens”. No configuration changes are required. Info in the blog here
Platform scalability improvements
Platform scalability improved to 300k any object, with Plugin Portal scalability increased to 75k per instance!
These improvements also apply to the 10.0.4 code base, and are further described in the blog here
In a nutshell, BigFix scales further than ever before!
Added support for:
- BigFix Relay for Tiny Core 12
Upgraded the following libraries:
- libcurl to version 7.79.1
- OpenSSL to version 1.0.2zb
Fixed DAs and defects. For details, see the technical specification section below.
Additional information about this release
- The standalone BigFix tools are published under the 10.0 Utilities section in BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center.
- Along with this release, we are publishing a Security Check list available here
See the full technical changelist.
- This release includes all the BigFix Platform components. It also includes the Plugin Portal that enables the Multicloud and Modern Client Management capabilities.
- The unixODBC RPM package is a prerequisite for the Server components on Linux systems (see Server Requirements). This applies to version 10.0.2 and later.
- Upgrade paths to BigFix 10 begin with v9.5.10 or later. For details, see Upgrade paths (Windows) and Upgrade paths (Linux) links below
- For detailed information on the specific changes to minimum supported versions of operating systems and databases for BigFix 10, see the Detailed system requirements link below.
- Before getting started with the upgrade process, stop any active application that is connected to the BigFix database (such as Web Reports, WebUI, BigFix Inventory, or BigFix Compliance).
BigFix downloads and release information
BigFix 10 documentation
Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1461 (or later).
– The BigFix Platform Team