The BigFix Team is pleased to announce the release of version 10.0 Patch 10 (10.0.10.46) of BigFix Platform. The main features in this release are as follows:
Use “Microsoft Print to PDF” printer driver for exporting PDF reports in Web Reports
Starting from BigFix Platform 10.0.10, Web Reports can generate PDF reports using the “Microsoft Print to PDF” printer driver. BigFix recommends that you take advantage of this driver by running Task ID 5436.
Refer to On Windows Systems for more information.
Relay Drive Space Protection From Downloads
BigFix Platform adds now the capability to prevent the BigFix Relay ActiveDownloads folder from filling up, by using a new setting named _BESRelay_Download_ActiveDownloadsMaxSizeMB, which represents the maximum size, specified in MB, that the folder can reach.
For details, see Managing Downloads.
Plugin Portal - Optimized devices data serialization
Plugin Portal optimization in terms of memory usage of the plugin portal machine as well as in the evaluation time of fixlet and analysis, with this leading to an increased responsiveness in returning data and executing actions on discovered devices.
New set of REST APIs
BigFix Platform now supports a new set of Rest APIs that enable exploiters such as the BigFix WebUI to access the Download status of the actions. These Rest APIs allow also to re-submit failed downloads.
For details, see Action.
Added support for new database level
Upgrade of the following libraries:
- The libcURL library was upgraded to Version 8.1.2
- The JQuery library was upgraded to Version 3.6.4
- The OpenSSL library was upgraded to Version 1.0.2zh
- The Xerces library was upgraded to Version 3.2.4
Defect Articles (DA), defect fixes and Serviceability enhancements
For details, see the technical specification section below.
Additional information about this release
- The standalone BigFix tools are published under the 10.0 Utilities section in BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center.
- A Non-Functional Requirements checklist, covering both performance and security management of your BigFix deployment, is available at BigFix Performance & Capacity Planning Resources
- This release includes all the BigFix Platform components. It also includes the Plugin Portal that enables the Multicloud and Modern Client Management capabilities.
- The unixODBC RPM package is a prerequisite for the Server components on Linux systems (see Server Requirements). This applies to version 10.0.2 and later.
- Upgrade paths to BigFix 10 begin with v9.5.10 or later. For details, see Upgrade paths (Windows) and Upgrade paths (Linux).
- For detailed information on the specific changes to minimum supported versions of operating systems and databases for BigFix 10, see Detailed system requirements.
- Before getting started with the upgrade process, stop any active application that is connected to the BigFix database (such as Web Reports, WebUI, BigFix Inventory, or BigFix Compliance).
Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1484 (or later).
– HCL BigFix – Platform Team