Big fix relays relevance

hey, there is a whay to write relevnace that give me all bigfix relays servers?

exists relay service

2 Likes

You can use the relevance-

if exists relay service then "Yes - " & state of service “BESRelay” else if exists main gather service then “Main BES Server” else “Not Installed”

(name of it) of bes computers (exists relay service) ???
@willougd

Just to be sure, are you looking for Client relevance or Session Relevance? What are you trying to do with this relevance?

Session Relevance - i want to insert it to my scripts and to know the name of the machines that are a relay servers

i probably need to looking for the service on the machines

@Aram

There is a flag for that. In the Presentation Debugger, you can use introspectors to see what is available - a query about the properties themselves. Try

properties of type "bes computer"

If I recall correctly what you would want is

names of bes computers whose (relay server flag of it)

2 Likes

thank you very much!!!
@JasonWalker

1 Like

So, with session relevance, you’re essentially querying the BigFix database rather than the endpoints themselves. As such, you can query against any of the property results that the Clients have already returned to the BigFix Server (or things like Fixlets or their results, actions or their results, etc…). Here’s a link to a guide for reference: https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/guide/session/

Jason’s approach above is certainly good, simple, and efficient. You could search for available inspectors via the introspectors as Jason suggests (one of my favorite tricks - I use it all the time). Alternatively, you could also search on developer.bigfix.com’s Inspector Search (under the Relevance heading), and filter on the relevance type of interest: https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/search/?query=relay&platform=session

And just to show it, here is another way to report on the same set of computers that are Relays based on the ‘BES Relay Service Installed’ property (which is likely how you would filter them in the Console):

names of bes computers whose (value of result from (bes property "BES Relay Service Installed") of it starts with "Yes")