BFStandbyTool-1.1.exe

(imported topic written by wnolan91)

Does anyone have any documentation on how the StandbyTool should work?

If the machine is in S3 - Sleep mode how does this wake the machine? Is it locally? or does it require being on the Network where the BigFix Infrasturcture has access in a sense is it using WOL?

Is the time specific to the local computer? or a relationship to the Main Server? For example:

runhidden __Download\StandbyTool.exe /W “01 Jan 2009 14:45:00 -0800” repeat weekly 1,UMTWRFA /name “Test WOL Sechedule”

Is the time above? how does the -0800 relate? or doesn’t it?

If the CPU Power shuts down, while in S3, how does this wake the machine?

(imported comment written by wnolan91)

Also, can you have multiple Times? For example I want to have the machine wake up on Wednesday Night… @ 11:59pm than again every morning at 2 am, and maybe again on Monday at 6 am. Is this possible? with this tool… or does it only allow one entry?

Bill

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Bill,

Windows supports the ability to do “scheduled wake-ups” from Standby (I believe this works in S1-S3… but I would have to double-check about S4…) This method does NOT require Wake-on-LAN.

The time is specific to the local computer at the timezone shouldn’t matter much (other than specifying the appropriate time).

If the computer is powered-off after going to standby, then I don’t believe this method works anymore (because Windows is no longer in control of the computer when it powers off).

And Yes, I believe multiple wake-up times should work just fine.

Ben