BFI, VM Manager Tool and Hyper-V

I’ve recently configured an additional VM Manager Tool to collect data from a number of Hyper-V servers. That’s working for the most part, but a few of the Hyper-V servers are showing “No data” or “Inactive” in the VM Managers report. When I run vmman -runonce on the server that has the VM Manager tool installed it reports “Data was successfully retrieved” from each of those Hyper-V servers but nothing is showing up in the uploads folder.

The VM Managers report in BFI shows a Data Import Time of today for the VMware servers and yesterday for the Hyper-V servers. The ones that show “Inactive” have an import time of 4 days ago.

The data for the VMware servers is being collected by the primary BigFix server, the Hyper-V is by the additional VM Manager. There is a single “Schedule VM Manager Tool Scan Results Upload” task that covers both servers that have the VM Manager tool installed so I would think the “Data Import Time” would be the same for both?

Any help for all of these issues would be appreciated.

Check the following link for over all troubleshooting steps.
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/Inventory/admin/c_troubleshooting_no_vm_manager_data.html?hl=troubleshooting%2Cvm%2Cmanager%2Cdata

Verify if the MaxarchiveSize has exceeded for the client where the tool is installed.

If the Schedule VM Manager Tool Scan Results Upload action was completed successfully, but the files are still not uploaded, go to the log package that was downloaded from this computer and in the sha1 directory check the Index.txt file. If the file contains the following error MaxArchiveSize: Exceeded, see: Configuring VM manager for subcapacity reporting.

I’ve been through that page, it didn’t help much. And some of the information on it is just flat out wrong.

The MaxArchiveSize is set to 100 MB (up from the default of 50 MB) and I don’t see any errors related to that being an issue.

Your message indicates some kind of issue with the uploaded file reaching the root server. Have you performed an end to end trace of the files?
Check the VM Manager archive file to see if all files are collected for upload
Check client log to see if the file(s) were processed and the upload action is succesful
Check if the latest file is present in the clients upload/archive folder
If the client is going through a relay, check if the relay is passing all files successfully up the chain
Verify if the files are present in the upload folder of the client on the root server

Some instruction about how to perform these actions would be great, can you provide links to documentation?