BFI - Software Inventory, unpredictable values in the 'has usage' column

Hello

I need your help to clarify a behavior in software inventories

My goal is to check the usage of some software. As mentioned in the BigFix BFI documentation, I have set the three ‘BES Usage’ parameters and checked the ‘Application usage statistics’ box in the ‘Initiate software scan’ fixlet, but the ‘Has Usage’ column in BFI remains set to ‘No’ for a large number of software products. What’s worse is that for the same product, IBM WebSphere ‘WAS ND’ for example, it’s set to ‘No’ for some servers and ‘Yes’ for 2 or 3 others, even though the configuration is the same for all servers.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

I need your help to find a way to get usage of all the applications, especially for the big publishers like IBM, Oracle and Microsoft.

Thank you for your help.

What version of BFI are you running?

The ‘has usage’ column indicates whether a usage signature exists for the particular software, not whether you’ve captured any usage data.

What does the “Usage per Computer” report show?

Thanks for the feedback, I think you got to the root of my question.

How can I identify these signatures used by BigFix to track product usage? Is it the product executable, its process or its service? If I take IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Edition “WAS ND” for example, how can I identify the signature that will be used to track its use?

I’m trying to understand why for some servers this column is set to “Yes” while for others it’s set to “No” for the same product.
If I don’t have any information on usage, does this mean that BigFix can’t find a signature for this product to track it? How can I choose or create a signature for this product?

The BFI version used is 10.0.3

Bests Regards