BFI shows installation path blank

BFI software installation report shows Adobe central pro and also shows it under last seen date in this report however when i check this software in the add/remove programs of that particular adobe is not showing. In BFI report installation path for this product shows blank.
Can someone please explain what could be the reason for this?

When was the last scan performed against that particular endpoint?

Does the endpoint in question show up under either of the following “Failed Scan” “Missing Software Scan” or “Scan Not Uploaded”

Bigfix inventory

1 Like

Hi

Last scan was done 5 hours ago, it appears strange that none of the servers are showing up in “Failed Scan” “Missing Software Scan” or “Scan Not Uploaded”
In bfi software installation report shows Adobe central pro is installed with last seen as today’s date but when we manually check the add/remove programs on these servers Adobe is not showing up, can you please explain why is it so?

You might want to open a case just in case as it can always be a big or misconfigured catalog entry but I did have a similar question a while back and through our Lab Advocate it was explained that installation path of the software will only be populated IF only one signature is matched in its discovery. If for example, you find 2-3-5 different signatures at different locations found, it won’t display the installation path because there are multiple paths as far as the tool is concerned… Not sure if this would be helpful but thought I’d share it and again you might want to open a case just in case.

1 Like

@srinivas I dropped you a message in regards to contacting support. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can assist on the HCL side in any way on the support side. Thanks!

Thanks i will get back to you for any assistance needed!