BFI fixlet site relevance

I am running the fixlet “Upload Software Scan Results (10.0.11.0)” from the BigFix Inventory site with an MO account against all relevant computers as a policy action. The fixlet shows 15 applicable computers.
From the action results, I see it ran successfully on a few endpoints but errored on 399. The ones that it errored on (with error ‘Invalid site context. The Fixlet site may no longer exist.’) are not subscribed to the BigFix Inventory site yet because they are ephemeral and I require them to be on for 48hours before being subscribed to the site. An example one was only register yesterday.

Why would the fixlet run on more then what is relevant? The ‘site’ of the action shows 'BigFix Inventory v10" in the console so it’s not as if anything in the master operator site is being targeted.

Are there policy actions for Install Scanner, Initiate Software Scan and Run Capacity scan tasks (or any other tasks in the Inventory site)? If so do they also report similar issue or are they running for only the subscribed computers?

Yes, there is a baseline that runs those. The baseline is only relevant once the computer has been registered for 48hours+ and I see that is accurately running only on computers that have been around for more than 48hours.

Hi @cstoneba,

You said that the fixlet “Upload Software Scan Results (10.0.11.0)” from the BigFix Inventory site showed 15 applicable computers.

when you took action, you said it errored on 399 of them. It does not make sense.

Could you please elaborate on your process of taking that action?

BFI site relevance: if cloud, then registration of bes client is 48hours+, else true

My baseline contains copies of the BFI fixlets to install the scanner, install the catalog, initiate software scan and the baseline has relevance of if cloud, then registration of bes client is 48hours+, else true

The baseline is running as a policy action. I look at the applicable computer count of “Upload Software Scan Results (10.0.11.0)” and it was 15. I pushed the task as a policy action to all computers and it completed successfully on a dozen or so and showed it errored on hundreds more. In our environment, we do have native agent types and proxy agents (from the cloud plugin).