BFI distributed VM manager management

1. I removed a single VM manager config .properties file from my distributed BigFix Inventory VM Manager tool because the hypervisor was decommissioned. After the next BFI import, the vm manager still shows in the BFI VM Managers report but with a status of “inactive”. How do I get it removed from the report?

2. If I want to migrate some VM managers from one distributed VM Manager Tool server to another, do I copy the .properties files from one to another, clear out the ID at the end of each file and run vmman.bat -reloadconfig on the old and new VM manager Tool servers?

1. I know it takes a while to disappear but not sure how long. In my case, I just didn’t bother keeping an eye because we have several hundred of them, so what are 1-2 inactive at the end of the list but can see why you may want your list to be clean! If nobody can name the delay/process, might need to open a support case and get to the bottom of it.
  2. Yes, that is the current process. I have been pushing for distributed VM managers management via the UI but whether that will include “migration” between VM managers tool servers or not is anybody’s guess (I hope that it does whenever it is released).