BFI Classification Report showing Duplicate

Hi All,

I can see multiple entry for an application in single computer, even version also same with same application name,

Same kind of data or details I can able to see more in my infra, so the audit team asking this is showing duplicate entry like in single computer one application showing 4 different entry,

Please suggest the reason to advice, or any way to avoid/remove that other 3 entry from BFI,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Hi @Nagaraj

What is the purpose of the C:\Software and C:\tsm_images folders? Are they repositories where the installers are kept?

The following is neither advice nor a recommendation. You should discuss this with your software asset management team before proceeding. It is a capability of BFI that may help with this concern.

If you and your company determine that the software components do not represent running software, you might decide to Suppress them from your Inventory. See here for more details: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSKLLW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.inventory.doc/Inventory/softinv/t_sc_excluding_software_instances.html

1 Like