BFI API Question

Hello

Currently running BigFix on a Windows server version 10.0.4 and running BFI on a seperate Windows server version 10.0.7. Looking in the server_audit log on the BigFix server I can see the account we configured in BFI connect to the api on the main BigFix server. The account seems to connect every 4 minutes or so. Every once in awhile I see a message where the account failed due to too many login attempts. Then a few minutes later it logs in OK without issue.

I am trying to understand why the account configured on the inventory server is connecting to the api so frequently. Our import is configured to run once a day at midnight and this runs fine. Trying to look for context as to what is occurring. Can the frequency of the api connection from BFI to the main BigFix server be modified to be less frequent?

For what is worth, I checked our environment and see the same behaviour - incoming connection every 3-4 mins, so my guess is that it is “expected” (all I can think for myself, is that is the account it uses for all the VM manager config change actions; test results; etc, so maybe they purposely made it “refresh” those every 3 mins - if you change/submit VM manager test and refresh BFI UI in a few mins, you see the results of the test - you don’t need to wait until next full data import to see the results, right?) but if you want to get to the bottom of it my suggestion would be to open a Support case and have L2/L3 check it against intended design.

1 Like