The BigFix Inventory team is pleased to announce the extension of discovery capability for BigFix Inventory 9.x.
Following changes were applied:
- Software classification capability for new releases of IBM software products as described in the ILMT Catalog Release Notes.
- Multiple updates and additions for non-IBM software titles. See the change list for additional details.
For details of the changes, you can also see the description of the Software Catalog Update fixlet.
Enabling the new discovery capabilities
- Upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to version 9.2.9. For detailed instructions, see: Upgrading to BigFix Inventory 9.2.9.
Upgrading the server is required due to the following reasons:
- Problems with catalog import that occurred in versions 9.2.6 to 9.2.8. For more information, see the technote.
- Lack of support for the software catalog in the canoncial 3.0 format in versions earlier than 9.2.5.
- Upload the software catalog to BigFix Inventory. To download the catalog, run the Software Catalog Update fixlet. Then, upload it to BigFix Inventory. For detailed instructions, see: Downloading the software catalog.
BigFix Inventory 9.x
- Site: IBM BigFix Inventory v9
- Version: 98
- Publish Date: 12/01/2017