BFI 10.0.10 Schema Update Issue

I upgraded BFI to 10.0.10 from 10.0.9 yesterday and after clicking on the update schema, it’s still updating after 13 hours. Is this normal? The DB is about a little over half a terabyte in size.

Doesn’t sound like it to me. Granted I only upgraded 10.0.9 to 10.0.10 in our DEV environment which has much smaller database, so not in place to judge… That said, I would open a support case for it and have them review the tema.log in detail.

@gregoryjj Just to be sure it isn’t just a browser issue, have you tried refreshing the session? Also, check the tema.log for obvious errors.

When I go to the URL, it says the website is not working. I reached out to HCL and they suspect the long time is a result of the below:

“Extended upgrade time for environments with Mac OS
During the application upgrade, the whole catalog and discovery results coming from Mac OS machines will be removed. These removed data will be replaced by data from new software scan during Data Import.
Due to the removal process, application upgrade may take longer than usual when there is Mac software and machines in the environment.”

They gave me a query to run to see how long the upgrade it will take in minutes and the query returned 5478 minutes.

Did you open a case with HCL BFI team? There is an issue with MacOS data migration and they are working on a fix

I did open a case with BFI. They asked me that I can either restore the server and DB or they will give me some queries to manually run to allow the 10.0.10 upgrade. They want me to confirm two things before proceeding, so I’m working with my DB admin on that.

When I do BFI upgrades and the schema updates, I’ve seen it take 10min to 4 hours. The only way to tell it is still in progress is the CPU usage on the SQL server is around 50% for me.