BES Console - NoAuthorizedSignature login failures

I was wondering if anyone here has seen this type of error when attempting to load a BES Console before, and any potential fixes?

Several folks in my org have encountered this, and the only thing we have found that fixes the issue is completely re-imaging a device. Pretty excessive in my opinion.

We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling console, uninstalling – purging the registry of console related data – removing bes console appdata – reinstalling, nothing we try seems to work other than reimaging. Maybe we are missing something? Seems to be isolated to some devices, and so far only in this one lower environment.

1 Like

Do you mean that you have two BigFix deployments? This looks to me like one environment enforces “Enhanced Security” and the other does not.

Maybe @AlanM can help clarify, but I believe I’ve encountered something similar before - the Console taking Enhanced Security requirements based on the clients’ settings, failing to connect to another deployment that does not have Enhanced Security enabled.

If this is the case, could you post screenshots from the BES Admin Tool on both deployments, and specify which one is the deployment used by the client on the Console machine, an which one is from the deployment you are trying to manage from the Console?

1 Like

We do have multiple BigFix deployments, and the one that is tossing the error is the one without enhanced security enabled currently.

The interesting part of this is, we enable enhanced security quite some time ago, and this really just started happening within the last month or 2. Many of us have been bouncing between the environments frequently over this time. It’s also not consistent between users who traverse environments on the same console machine.

1 Like

You should probably open a Support Incident on this, as it might be considered a console bug. It’s been a while since I worked in an environment without Enhanced Security enabled, but I could suggest a few things to try if you have a good test case available that you are willing to experiment on, short of reimaging the console machine.

• You’ve already tried removing the Console settings in registry and appdata, so let’s try BES Client stuff.

• Stop the BESClient service and try console

• Remove the actionsite.afxm from the BES Client folder and try console

• Remove the BES Client settings from registry and try console

• Uninstall the BES Client and try console

If still not working, reset the BES Console registry settings and appdata again (having removed the client stuff already).

Since you’ve been in this configuration a while and only recently started seeing the problem, I wonder whether it has anything to do with which deployment they try to connect to first…or if the lower-security only works if it is the first one they try from the console

1 Like

Based on your set of ideas, I went a little bit further than I have before and was able to get back to a state where I am able to successfully access any of our environments.

I started with the test of removing besclient. At first, no resolution. Tried removing the remnants still in the BESClient program files directory. Still no resolution. Uninstalled the bes console, removed remnants of this as well, then reinstalled console.

Something to do with this mixture of actions allowed me to login again.

Not nearly as intrusive as re-imaging, but also way bigger of a hammer than I would think needed to be used. :slight_smile:

Going to continue poking around at this whenever it rears it’s head again.

1 Like