Baseline group is not relevant to computers

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I have a baseline group that contains several tasks in it, related to removing Adobe Reader and then installing Acrobat and patches for it. When I locate the individual tasks in the console, each task is applicable to thousands of computers and it works to send an individual task to a computer.

If I send the baseline group of tasks to a computer, it returns Not Relevant. In the details of the baseline, it shows the Component Applicability at around 50 computers for each item in the baseline instead of thousands. I can also edit the baseline and select ‘Go To Source’ and it will go to the individual task that is applicable to thousands of computers.

The only condition I have on the baseline is that it is for Windows XP computers, and I have tried deleting the group and creating a new one. Where would I start to figure out why the baseline group does not work? Thanks.

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

edit your baseline > Components Tab, then expand your fixlet/task and confirm that the checkbox “Baseline will be relevant on applicable computers where this component is relevant”.

I think by default, tasks have the box not checked, Fixlets have the box checked.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I found the setting and you were correct that it was unchecked for the tasks I had in the baseline.

I will need to wait for the console to update and try a few test pushes to see if that resolves it.

Thanks, Jeff

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Changing the baseline so that tasks are also checked resolved the problem. Thanks for the help.