Baseline documents

Hi All,

something observed that the action taken using Baseline for patch, not getting expired after the end time / completion time as it should get expired.
according to my knowledge it depends on the Gather process? please guide if any document I can go through.
bydefault when take action it shows 3 business days to get expired until you select the date.
appreciates,

thank you.

Is the action becoming Expired later than you expect, or never becoming expired at all?

Because action expiration times are generally assigned based on the client’s local time zone, the action will not appear Expired in the console until after the expiration time passes in the latest possible time zone. This is because the console does not attempt to determine the time zones of all targetted clients, or whether additional clients will be added with a later time zone configured.

Clients will continue to evaluate expiration based on their local time zone and will not execute an action after it has expired (according to their local time zone).

This ensures a console in UTC-5 does not mark an action as ‘expired’ when a client in UTC-8 might still execute it.

you are right @jason, this is what happening. action gets expired more than the time expected. We are using client local time. UTC-5 and UTC-8 is not available.

thanks for the confirmation. do we have any document so that I can use for furtuer reference.

I did not find in best practices docs.