Baseline components out of sync report

(imported topic written by sminisini91)

Hi,

I’d like to create a report which would show me all the baselines that have components out of sync with their source. I don’t seem to be able to find the session relevance to get the component sync status.

Is there a simple way to get that?

Cheers

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi sminishini,

This is an interesting idea… Try this:

1. Open your presentation debugger (enable the debug menu first if necessary)

2. Choose “presentation” option.

3. Paste in this relevance and hit evaluate

<?Relevance trs of (td of link of it & td of (number of components whose (exists source fixlet of it AND (relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it ) ) of component groups of it as string) & td of (number of components of component groups of it as string)) of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it AND exist component groups of it)?>
Baseline Name Out-of-sync components Total components

Important note that this report currently only reports out-of-sync if the relevance is different and it doesn’t currently detect if the action is different (which is another reason to be out-of-sync).

This might be a useful report we could provide in the product if it seems useful…

Ben

(imported comment written by sminisini91)

Hi Ben,

thanks for that, that’s exactly what I was looking for. I think it would be really good to have a report like that in the product (but one that would also detect if the actions are different) as it would it make it simple to keep track of the many bulletin revisions that may affect multiple baselines.

Cheers

(imported comment written by MarieH)

Hi Ben,

I am also interrested in making such a report, but this one seems to be only when the relevance differs, so if i made some changes with the action script, is there a way to report them?

i tried to put action and action 1 instead of relevance in your code it didn’t work!

Waiting for your reply,

Try this updated (but still pretty ugly) report… It is attached (you need to be logged into the forum to see it) and needs to be imported into web reports…

Ben

Hi Ben,

I searched everywhere on the page but didn’t find any attachement :expressionless: although i am logged in…

( first time someone answers me using an attachement:))

Thanks for clarification,

Hmmm… I can see it… can others?

Ben

(imported comment written by arnaud91)

Hi,

I can see it and download the attachement.

Arnaud

Ok, seems it was a problem with my account! i have created another one to see the attachement!

Thanks Ben the report is very usefull,

but i wanted a report that can show me baselines that have out of sync components,only when i make changes with the action script of the source fixlet , is it possible?

Because the report in post #2 only shows baselines with out of sync component when the relevance differs…

mhak,

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

I too want to see changes that occur when the action script doesn’t equal each other, not just the relevance.

How could this be modified?

<?Relevance trs of (td of link of it & td of (number of components whose (exists source fixlet of it AND (relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it) ) of component groups of it as string)) of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it AND exist component groups of it)?>
Baseline OutOfSyncComponents

Maybe try this… It might need some testing:

<?Relevance trs of ( ( td of link of it ) & ( td of ( number of components whose ( exists source fixlet of it AND ( ( relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it ) ) ) of component groups of it as string ) ) & ( td of ( number of components whose ( exists action of it and script of action of it != script of action of source fixlet of it ) of component groups of it as string )) ) of bes fixlets whose ( baseline flag of it AND exist component groups of it ) ?>
Baseline Relevance OutOfSync Action OutOfSync

Ben

thanks ben. Here is yours tweaked.

<?Relevance trs of ((td of link of it) & (td of (number of components whose (exists source fixlet of it AND ((relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it or exists action of it and script of action of it != script of action of source fixlet of it ))) of component groups of it as string))) of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it AND exist component groups of it) ?>
Baseline FixletsOutOfSync

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

cstoneba - I just tried your tweaked version and it does not seem to jive with what the console shows us. For instance, it showed one baseline as having 6 fixlets our of sync when there were 0 in the console. We had some others that were off as well, but a cache refresh cleared those up. Not sure why the cache hadn’t updated itself though, as those baselines haven’t been changed in weeks.

But the one baseline that is still off has a lot of tasks, not fixlets. Could that be the problem?

Update: After the cache refresh, the differences went to zero for all but one baseline, but we just looked at all those reporting zero and some of those do indeed have outstanding differences. So it is more than just one baseline being misreported.

Yes, I’m now seeing some inconsistencies too.

I think “source fixlet” is either a fixlet or a task, not just a fixlet. Maybe Ben can shed some light.

I have this report working, but would like it to only show baselines that have components that are out of sync.

This is the working version:

<?Relevance trs of (td of link of it & td of (number of components whose (exists source fixlet of it AND (relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it)) of component groups of it as string)) of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it AND exist component groups of it) ?>

This is what I’ve built to only show component groups that have components with relevance != source fixlet relevance, but it is giving me a message that the operator "relevance’ is not defined. I must have a problem somewhere…

<?Relevance trs of (td of link of it & td of (number of components whose (exists source fixlet of it AND (relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it)) of component groups of it as string)) of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it AND exist component groups of it AND ((relevance of it != relevance of source fixlet of it) of component groups of it as string)) ?>