Bare metal target PXE keeps appearing in BigFix console

Hi,
I have a problem that I am not able to solve. I’ve installed the Management extender and the proxy agent services in order to see the clients that boot in PXE mode in my BigFix console (I see them with their IP as their hostname). After the deployment of an operating system on these clients I removed their entries from the BigFix console by clicking on “Remove from database”. I did this because after the deployment the clients are correctly shown in the console with an appropriate hostname. The problem is that their IP entries keep appearing even though the clients didn’t boot in PXE mode after the deployment of the OS. Do these entries count as licenses used? Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi, no, those entries don’t count as licenses because there is no real BES CLient running.
“Bare metal target” entries can be safely removed after the deployment is successfully completed.
They are greyed out in the console after a predefined (14 days I think) and configurable time interval where they did not PXE boot again.

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed explanation