HCL BigFix is pleased to announce the release of BigFix Compliance Analytics version 2.0, as part of BigFix 10.
Product: BigFix Compliance
Title: Availability of BigFix Compliance Analytics version 2.0
Published site: SCM Reporting, version 128
New features and updates:
BigFix Compliance Analytics version 2.0 includes the following new features, enhancements and fixes.
- Vulnerability Reporting
- Tracking and reporting of endpoints’ vulnerability posture and historical trend, based on the current endpoint patching status, for each CVE, computer, or computer group, or across the entire deployment…
- For each CVE existed, showing CVE details and impacted computers or available patches to help prioritize patching actions to improve the vulnerability posture.
- Support for Windows and RedHat systems
- Enhanced domain and report navigation
- Supports three security domains: security configuration, patch, vulnerability, with easy domain switching and consistent report menus.
- All management configurations accessible via a ‘gear’ at the top of the menu bar.
- All sub-reports now displayed as tabs, instead of using a drop-down menu
- HCL branding with updated look and feel
- Resolved issue with importing measured property results over 4,000 characters
- Various bug fixes, security fixes, and performance improvements
Actions to take:
To take advantage of the new features and fixes, upgrade BigFix Compliance Analytics to version 2.0.
If you are upgrading from version 1.9, or are upgrading from version 1.10 but did not enable Patch Reporting, the new Vulnerability Reporting feature is disabled by default. Vulnerability Reporting can be enabled from the Management (Gear icon) -> Domain Settings page.
For first time installation:
In the License Overview Dashboard in the BigFix console (Bigfix Management domain), enable the SCM Reporting site.
In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
Select the Fixlet named BigFix Compliance Server 2.0 - First-time Install Fixlet under the BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree node.
Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to install your BigFix Compliance deployment.
For upgrade installation: Refer to the prescribed upgrade steps for the BigFix Compliance version that you are using.
IMPORTANT: Before you start any upgrade process, perform a server and database backup.
A. For BigFix Compliance Analytics versions 1.9.x and 1.10.x:
- Make sure that you completed the server and database backup.
- In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
- Under the BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree item, select the BigFix Compliance Server 2.0 - Upgrade Fixlet which automatically installs and upgrades to the new version.
- Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to upgrade your BigFix Compliance deployment.
- Update the data schema. To do this, log in to the BigFix Compliance web interface from the host server and proceed with configuration. Upgrading the data scheme is expected and it will take some time to complete. NOTE: Automatic upgrade installation only affects installations running under the LocalSystem account. Follow the Fixlet instructions to install the update manually if this fix cannot be applied.
B. For BigFix Compliance Analytics versions prior to 1.9:
- Manually upgrade to version 22.214.171.124. The 126.96.36.199 installer can be found here.
- After manually upgrading to version 188.8.131.52, use the BigFix Compliance Server 2.0 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 2.0 (See step A).
BigFix Compliance team