Automation task java direct connect

Hi team,

Good day!

Advance thanks we need advice and solution java direct connect setting we need change 2000+ client systems

, we tried the script was success fully executed with 0 but the java direct connect was not changing

// Test for BSU-9333
action uses wow64 redirection true

//the name of key
parameter “keyname”=“HKCU\Software\JavaSoft\DeploymentProperties”
// The new value to add
parameter “valuename”=“deployment.proxy.type”
// The value of data to add
parameter “datavalue”=“0”

override wait
runas=currentuser
hidden=true
wait reg.exe add {parameter “keyname”} /v {parameter “valuename”} /t REG_SZ /d {parameter “datavalue”}

Assuming what you posted is correct, HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The BigFix Client runs as the Local System user account so the setting was changed for that user. If this is truly where the registry key resides then you will need to run the command as the currently logged in user for every user, with the criteria “Run when at least one of the selected users is logged on”.

In this case however I believe there may be a global location this setting can be defined under… I just don’t happen to have it off the top of my head.

1 Like

i did the test as you said run when at least one the selected users is logged on, and only display the user interface to those users

still no success

This forces 32-bit redirection (i.e. the 32-bit code is always executed) - is that what you intended?
Look in “HKCU\Wow6432Node\Software\JavaSoft\DeploymentProperties”

1 Like

what to do 64 bits windows 10 pc

please advice

we need to enable direct connection

Per for Java Deployment Guide (see: System- and User-Level Properties)

System Level
The deployment.config file is used for specifying the System-Level deployment.properties in the infrastructure. By default no deployment.config file exists; thus, no system-wide deployment.properties file exists. If deployment.config exists, it is located either here:
<Windows Directory>\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.config

The setting you want to ensure is configured in this file is:

deployment.proxy.type=0

Again, per the documentation:

This is for the type of proxy that should be use. The choices are:

PROX_TYPE_UNKNOWN = -1;
PROX_TYPE_NONE = 0;
PROX_TYPE_MANUAL = 1;
PROX_TYPE_AUTO = 2; and
PROX_TYPE_BROWSER = 3;

I would first test adding this setting to the file on a machine and see if it does what the documentation indicates it will… that is bypass any proxy and go direct.

If this works, modify your action to append this value to the file and you should be good.

Best option is the system wide config that @MDMike suggests.

If that doesn’t work or you have other reasons for preferring the user registry change you need to start your script with

action uses wow64 redirection {not x64 of operating system}

Maybe you need to change the wait line to this

wait reg.exe add “{parameter “keyname”}” /v “{parameter “valuename”}” /t REG_SZ /d “{parameter “datavalue”}”

It might not like the passed data without quotes.

Note: I would still suggest going the system-wide method using the config file instead if this is indeed the correct setting for any user on the endpoint.