Automation Plans Step Actions Not Kicking Off

Been using SA for around 4 years now. Has been working great up until recently. Where my automation plans are not kicking action steps off when scheduled or executed manually.

When individual fixlets/tasks are executed against targets, they kick off almost instantly. But when issuing an automation plan with the same fixlet(s)/task(s)…nothing happens or there is an enormous delay in execution. Mostly nothing happens.

Plan engine was recently upgraded via BigFix to the latest version, otherwise no changes to the BigFix application have been made. Nothing in the logs is indicating an issue…not sure what to do…other than reverting back to a previous PlanEngine version. Maybe uninstall and reinstall plan engine?

I know there’s a lot of moving parts in this. Anyone else seening similar behavior? (I do have case CS0126079 opened on this in attempts to get this resolved ASAP).

Thx
Doug

I have had multiple issues/PMRs for the latest versions of SA. I am currently rolled back to 9.5.52 vs the newest v9.5.55

I can give you my case notes if needed but I essentially had similar issues.

Mike

Might take you up on that. Support had me reinstall the plan engine this morning (9.5.55) and seems to be working fine now. Am not sold though.,

How did you roll back to 9.5.52?

I can’t seem to find the original fixlet for 9.5.52. I can send the action script but I have monkeyed with relevance so my fixlet is not clean anymore.

Should be a generic SA uninstall fixlet in your console.
Then run the installer fixlet for 9.5.52.
Install Latest Automation Plan Engine (v9.5.52) (No rel).bes (11.6 KB)

Thanks Mike,

I will save that Fixlet. We ran thru an uninstall and reinstall of the 9.5.55 PE…been testing all week and seems to be working fine now. Seems something happened in March that looks to have corrupted it. Not sure…but the reinstall looks to have fixed the issue.

Doug