Automatically populating custom properties w/o CSV / TXT files?

We have several custom properties that have been created in our enterprise, mostly for use in grouping certain systems and / or exclusion from various deployments. All of these are properties that have manually added / edited values. However, I haven’t been able to find a definitive answer to the question of whether or not it’s possible to create a custom property that has its value automatically populated.

What I’m attempting to do is create a property that looks for a specific registry string and check the version number of the software if the string is found. This is the easy part - the relevance for this is as follows:

exists key whose (name of it = "{67090957-0E4D-4CE2-93E6-22F98DCE1D26}" AND value "DisplayVersion" of it = "6.10.0.372") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of native registry

However, what I’d like to do is have the results of this (i.e., the DisplayVersion value) be automatically entered into the custom property’s value.

I’ve read through some of the posts here about how to do something similar with CSV or TXT files - in our case I’d rather not do that due to trying to avoid any additional management required to keep the property (and CSV and / or TXT files) updated.

Well… nevermind! :slight_smile:

I’m somewhat new to custom properties, and wasn’t aware that what I’m asking for was really easy to do within the relevance of the custom property itself until just now after doing some more research.