Automatic relay selection when using relay affiliates

My basic question is: how often does a client do a scan of relays to decide which one to use?

The gory details: I am shifting from using manual relay selection to relay affiliation. I have a portion of my environment already using the relay affiliation settings. I noticed that when I change the relay affiliation seek list values from one affiliate label to a different label, it does not change relays. How often does a client wake up and scan for the closet relay in its afilliate list? Is there a way I can trigger the client to do this seek?

Thanks.
Sherry

I had googled unsuccessfully on this, but I decided to skim through possible fixlets and tasks which might force it to wake up and select a new relay and I found my answer in “Task: Force BES Clients to Run Relay Autoselection”:

BES Clients that are set to automatically select the closest BES Relay run the algorithm to choose a new BES Relay every six hours by default. By clicking below you can tell the BES Clients to run the relay selection algorithm immediately.

1 Like

I know this is an old post, but thought I would add to it. Settings are found here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Configuration%20Settings

_BESClient_RelaySelect_IntervalSeconds

The BigFix Relay selection algorithm will run this often. If a closer BigFix Relay is found, the closer BigFix Relay will be used. Note that if the BigFix Relay selection is failing, this interval is ignored.

The default setting is to check every 6 hours.

1 Like