Auto Restart Stopped Bes Clients using TaskScheduler

Hi,

We have somehow multiple time ran the below task on our thousands of server now there are multiple entries of it as At1, At2, At3… and so on.

Task ID 250: Auto Restart Stopped Bes Clients using TaskScheduler

I identified all server where these entries are created but I cant run the deletion action for such scheduled task as some of server having these entries are in hundred however those are not related to our task scheduler action.

so question is there any relevance or task we can create & run to remove only those task scheduler which are containing action related to BIGFIX only.

Any suggestion on this please.

In the BigFix console find the Fixlet named “Install BES Client Helper Service”. Check it out and come back with any questions. Here is the description on that Fixlet:

This task will install the BES Client Helper Service on the selected computers.
The BES Client Helper Service will periodically check on the BES Client service and attempt to restart it if the service is stopped. It will also attempt to perform a number of troubleshooting steps if the service in not starting up correctly.
The default behavior for the BES Client Helper Service will be to check the status of the BES Client once a day.

-jgo

1 Like

@jgo

BES Client Helper Service - I originally installed with the default of checking the status once a day. I just recently thought of changing it to 2 (or 3) times a day. With the Install, Uninstall and Restart fixlets provided, there is no way to change that setting other than uninstalling and then reinstalling with the new value.

I looked at the install fixlet and saw that a registry key is set to specify the seconds between status checks. If I change that registry key, do I need to just stop and start the client helper to make that new value take effect?

Thanks,
Bob_K