Audit Trail Cleaner 9.5.8

I am planning to run the audit trail cleaner. Bigfix version is 9.5.8. It has not been run in about 3 years. I plan to backup the SQL DB prior to running the audit trail cleaner. Maintenance is also being turned of so that no re-indexing jobs are running. Some questions I have are:

1. With the amount of data to be deleted, should it be run in a smaller batch? The default batch size is 100000. I am not really sure what the batch size means. The document doesn’t say.
  2. Should I check all of the boxes in one go?
  3. Should I take the default days?
  4. Is there anything to be concerned about?
  5. Do others schedule the audit trail cleaner to run on a schedule? If so, what kind of schedule?

Custom Content History - 16611
Action History: 9066
relay.dat history: 9325
Custom Content: 1522082
Deleted Actions: 3775303
Useless Action Results: 1328
Hidden manual Computer Group Actions: 30332
Deleted mailbox Files: 305512
Audit Log Files: 2

Depends on the size of your environment and how much content/computer records you go through. If you only patch with BF, then you may be fine running it once a week. We run it nightly and it never hurts to do the same for you. I’ve heard of some sites running twice a day to keep run times short.

I personally only keep deleted records for 100 days. Should be plenty of time for auditors, but that’s sort of up to you.

When I started running the ATC, I wasn’t sure when the last time it had been run, and we go through a LOT of content every day. So the first time we ran it, it took around 30 hours to run. Keep that in mind. :wink:

Hope that helps.

Thanks. That does help. When it took 30 hours, how did the amount of data compare to what I have listed above?