Archive and Upload Manager

(imported topic written by symbios91)

I’m trying to use Archive Manager to pick up some files from a directory on my Solaris 10 server. If i specify the exact file extension of the file to pick up, Bigfix will have no problems.

However, if i want to pick up the entire directory or doing a wildcard like

.log

, a sha1 filename would appear in the bufferdir on my Bigfix server. Wonder whether anyone has managed to grab the entire directory of a Unix server back into Bigfix?

(imported comment written by symbios91)

After some testing, we’ve narrowed down the problem. Basically, i have 2 files in the directory, 1 of them being plain-text and the other being a binary file. If we try to archive them both at the same time, the _sha1 file would get stuck in the bufferdir. If i try to archive only plain-text files or binary files only, then i don’t hit any issue. Anyone else has this problem?

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

Similar issue for me (I think). I am trying to upload the contents of a folder (*.jpg & *.txt) and it is not working. When I individually tell which files it upload, it works, but not with wildcards.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Does it have the same problem if you have two filesets (one to get each type of file)?

Ben

(imported comment written by symbios91)

Yes. I’ve tried including 2 filesets and i’m hitting the same issue. Windows side seems to be fine. I’m trying to do more in-depth testing on this.