Apply patch in BigFix using REST api

Hi There,

I’m in need of deploying patches on the end servers using REST api in BigFix
I have looked into the examples of /api/action but still I’m confused a bit after looking into this
any help is appreciated.

Since you’re new to the forum, I’d first ask about your use-case and familiarity with BigFix in general.
Do you understand the concepts using the Console, Fixlets, Actions, Relevance, and Targeting? Patch Policy from the WebUI? I’d question why use the API to begin with, what limitations you face with either the Console or Patch Policy?

There certainly are use-cases for the API, especially regarding integrating with business management workflows, but you’ll need familiarity with the patching concepts and a solid handle on scripting/development to accomplish your goals.

2 Likes

Hi Walker,

I’m newbie to BigFix and I’m having basic ideas and my requirement is to apply patch automatically to the servers with KB id using Rest API.
I have come across many docs for this and all I know is I have to use /api/action URL and in the xml document I have to mention the site name, KB ids and Target servers list.

Is it really sufficient to perform the patch and how do I track the servers automatically in which patch has to be installed

Any help is appreciated.