Anyone want to send me a recommendation? :)

(imported topic written by BenKus)

Hello forum friends,

I am going through a formal application process for a senior technical leadership position and I have been asked to get some “customer references” (i.e., BigFix customers that are willing to say something nice about me). Rather than go bother some customers to write me a long letter, I am going to shamelessly use this forum to call in favors for my 5000-ish posts in the last 5 years :slight_smile:

So if anyone wants to write a sentence or two (or more if you are so inclined) that say nice things about me that I can put in my application so that my reviewers see that I am helpful to our enterprise customers, I would be very grateful… You can click on the link to my name on the left and click the “send email” button… It would be very helpful if you include your name, company, and email address so people don’t think I am making this up (don’t worry, no one will contact you).

I am hoping I can get enough people to overwhelm them with the sheer volume… :slight_smile:

Sorry for the unabashed plea for recommendations… and thanks to all that respond!

Ben

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

ahh, so you’re going for quantity over quality… zing! zing! zing! :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Q: 4942 = 5000

A: False

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Yes but there is a quirk of relevance that you don’t know… If you add “-ish” to any integer, then it will match any other integer within ±2%.

For instance:

q: 4942 = 5000

A: False

q: 4942 = 5000-ish

A: True

If it doesn’t work for you, you might not be using the right version of the relevance debugger… :slight_smile:

Ben

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

You realize now, that we have to implement that. Logged as bug 41225.

(imported comment written by MrFixit)

You clearly have my vote. Just don’t abandon us here on the forum with the new job.

(imported comment written by mcalvi91)

MrFixit

You clearly have my vote. Just don’t abandon us here on the forum with the new job.

agreed

(imported comment written by boostaz191)

So if you get this position does that mean we will lose your valuable input in the forums? You should get the promotion but that would suck for the forum if you are indeed less available.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Don’t worry… I think my forum posting career will go on no matter what position I have… but I appreciate all the nice comments…

(imported comment written by rdamours91)

When do you need the thumbs up submitted. I can put something together whenever you’d like.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hey Ben! It was nice to finally meet you at Pulse 2011. Same to you Richard.

Let me know If you still need this, I’d be glad to help you out. - Carlos

(imported comment written by StacyLee)

Yo Richard - Carlos : waddup !!

Great meeting both of you at Pulse 2011 Vegas - I sent over my “Ben your cool” email already !

(imported comment written by rdamours91)

Stacy… It was a blast. I’m still thinking of working down at Stanford and sleeping on the floor at work at night :slight_smile:

Hopefully Ben got a thumbs up from from everyones submissions.