Analysis : Forticlient

Hi guys,
I need create a analysis for search the workstation with FortiClient installed and its version. I have very low experience with analysis from bigfix. Can you help me with this?

I currently run BigFix 10.0.1.41

Thank you and Regards

There are a number of options depending on how the software exists. If it has a running service, you might be able to pull the version from the service. If it installs as a registered app, ie its executable can be called from the Windows explorer “run” you could pull the version of the regapp, or if all else fails, parse the uninstall keys from the registry. Use whichever approach best suits your needs, though note that the regapps and registry options are quicker to run than pulling the service version and in some cases I’ve seen the version of the service executable isn’t actually the same as the application version.

Version from a service

Q: versions of services "FoxitReaderUpdateService"
A: 1.0.0.1
T: 268.407 ms
I: plural version

Version from a regapp

Q: versions of regapps "FoxitPDFReader.exe"
A: 11.0.0.49893
T: 46.589 ms
I: plural version

Version from the registry

Q: values "DisplayVersion" of keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase contains "myprogname" and value "Publisher" of it as string as lowercase contains "me") of keys "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (registry ; native registry)
A: 21.07.05.02
T: 44.871 ms
I: plural registry key value
1 Like

This should pull back the versions across Windows & Macs:

if (windows of operating system) then (value "DisplayVersion" of keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string starts with "FortiClient") of keys "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (x64 registries; x32 registries) as string | "N/A") else if (mac of operating system) then (version of application "FortiClient.app" as string | "N/A") else "N/A"

1 Like

Thank you this worked !