Analysis - Ethernet and Wireless Duration Uptime

Hello Folks,

Am trying to develop a report where it shows duration uptime including one column for the LAN and a second column for the wireless adapter.

Can someone help to get the correct information in the relevance?

In powershell, I can do something like this which gives me the correct information. I would like to do the same thing using the bigfix analysis reporting tool.

Get-CimInstance Win32_networkadapter | where {$.NetEnabled -eq $true -And $.Name -match “Realtek” -Or $.Name -match “Intel”}| select Name, @{N=“Uptime”; E={(Get-Date) - $.TimeOfLastReset}} |sort Name | fl

Here is a BigFix relevance query for the first phase of your powershell snippet.

q: (string value of property "name" of it, string value of property "TimeOfLastReset" of it) of select objects "name, TimeOfLastReset from Win32_networkadapter where (NetEnabled='true' and (Name like '%25Intel%25' or Name like '%25Realtek%25'))" of wmi
A: Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection, 20190520143402.610800-240

I am trying to decode that last reset time into an actual “time” object in BigFix.

2 Likes

I’m sure this can be done more efficiently, but how about something like (requires better error handling):

(item 0 of it, now - (((first 2 of following text of position 6 of it & " " & month ((first 2 of following text of position 4 of it) as integer) as string & " " & first 4 of it & " " & first 2 of following text of position 8 of it & ":" & first 2 of following text of position 10 of it & ":" & first 2 of following text of position 12 of it) as local time)) of item 1 of it) of (string value of property "Name" of it, string value of property "TimeOfLastReset" of it | "n/a") of select objects "* from Win32_networkadapter where (NetEnabled='true' and (Name like '%25Intel%25' or Name like '%25Realtek%25'))" of wmi
2 Likes

I guess I can now stop my time/date parsing exercise :smile:
Great teamwork @Aram

1 Like

I just happened to be tinkering with this right about the same time :smiley:

Interesting, you went for the pure string synthesis. I went for objects, but I think yours is cleaner:

q: (string value of property "name" of it, (now - ((first 4 of it as integer as year & concatenation of characters (4;5) of it as integer as month & concatenation of characters (6;7) of it as integer as day_of_month) & ((concatenation of characters (8;9) of it & ":" & concatenation of characters (10;11) of it & ":" & concatenation of characters (12;13) of it )as time_of_day & local time zone)) of string value of property "TimeOfLastReset" of it)) of select objects "name, TimeOfLastReset from Win32_networkadapter where (NetEnabled='true' and (Name like '%25Intel%25' or Name like '%25Realtek%25'))" of wmi

1 Like

Brolly

Is there anyway to just display the timeoflastreset, and not show the network adapter name? or, how could I split the relevance so one column has the timeoflastreset and another column has the network adapter name?

You could omit item 0 in the tuple.

( now - (((first 2 of following text of position 6 of it & " " & month ((first 2 of following text of position 4 of it) as integer) as string & " " & first 4 of it & " " & first 2 of following text of position 8 of it & ":" & first 2 of following text of position 10 of it & ":" & first 2 of following text of position 12 of it) as local time)) of item 1 of it) of (string value of property "Name" of it, string value of property "TimeOfLastReset" of it | "n/a") of select objects "* from Win32_networkadapter where (NetEnabled='true' and (Name like '%25Intel%25' or Name like '%25Realtek%25'))" of wmi

Thank you all! Thanks!

Hi

is there anyway to monitor the roaming from wire to wireless network?

thanks