An action to increase cache size says "disk limited"

Hello,
So I created the following baseline:

Each of these fixlets/tasks works on it’s own so I mashed them into one baseline.
For some reason, when I test this baseline on my VM, it says “Disk limited” for the first step of increasing the cache size:

This is what I used for that fixlet:

setting “_BESClient_Download_NormalStageDiskLimitMB”=“8192” on “{ parameter “action issue date” of action}” for client
setting “_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB”=“8192” on “{ parameter “action issue date” of action}” for client

It works on it’s own, but not in the baseline? I don’t quite get it.

Does the action have the option “Start downloads before constraints are satisfied” set?

I think the issue may be that the client is trying to download all of the files required for the group action, before allowing any component to begin executing.

It’s an interesting edge case, and as a workaround you may try setting _BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageContinueWhenDiskLimited to 1 before running the group action.

https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Config/r_client_set.html

_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageContinueWhenDiskLimited This setting indicates whether files that are pre-cached for a group action can be removed on the Client system to allow the Agent to continue with action download requests for subsequent sub actions in the group. Files that are removed from the pre-cache area on the Client have to be downloaded again at run time from the parent relay, if required by a sub action.

2 Likes