All relevance properties for Relay

Hi,

I’ve searched the web but came up empty. Does anyone have a relevance query handy that will list all of the properties of a relay that I could run in the presentation debugger?

Thanks

Do you mean the Client Settings that affect relay operation?

How about
q: settings of client

Edit: sorry, misread that at first. You want to run this in session relevance? There is a way to retrieve the client settings and values, they go into a reserved property, but would need to look it up.

You could build a query from this master list of settings: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en_us#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Configuration%20Settings?section=Relay%20Settings

Or maybe something like (names of it, values of it) of client settings whose (name of it as lowercase contains "relay") of bes computers

Then you could modify bes computers with a whose clause (or bes computers of bes computer group “blahblah”) to target your relays

1 Like

Thanks alinder a lot of good stuff there. However I’m interested in the fillDB settings that are accessed from the relays diagnostic page but not seeing them there?

pulling the filldb
Relay Status Information

FillDB File Size Limit:
0.0% ( 0 / 3145728 Bytes )
FillDB File Count Limit:
0.0% ( 0 / 10000 Files )

For BESRelays, you’re looking for the _BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxSize and _BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxCount settings.

Thanks for the information CM!

Thanks to everyone for their help but I’m still not getting anything for _BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxSize and _BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxCount

I’ve tried (names of it, values of it) of client settings whose (name of it as lowercase contains “relay”) of bes computers and get a lot of settings but nothing is there for: _BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxSize and _BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxCount

I’ve also tried the following but nothing comes back?

(names of it, values of it) of client settings whose (name of it contains “_BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxSize”) of bes computers whose (name of it as lowercase contains “RelayServer”)

(names of it, values of it) of client settings whose (name of it contains “_BESRelay_UploadManager_BufferDirectoryMaxCount”) of bes computers whose (name of it as lowercase contains “RelayServer”)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

The setting may not exist on that client, in which case it may be using predefined defaults.

I did not want to steal your thread / and yours is a more specific question. However, I have the impression that settings of client only returns what is visible in the console as:

I would love to hear I am wrong - and how to get more!’

@aixtools I think you are correct (but technically also reversed).

It’s more that the “Client Settings” analysis/property shown in the Console only has access to what the client has reported as the result of its “settings of client” relevance.

Any values that are not explicitly defined on the client won’t appear here, and the client would use whatever the default values are for that parameter (which can vary or not exist from version to version).

Edit: for any (documented) settings that don’t exist on the client, you can refer to the default values at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli+Endpoint+Manager/page/Configuration+Settings

…and I suppose it would be possible to use that list to create an Analysis that returns default values for settings that do not exist on the client, and configured values for those settings which are defined on the client.

@JasonWalker - thx. "wrong - well, “close” (maybe) but standing on my head rather than my feet :slight_smile: "

But basically, in “my” thread, what I would like to know - is there a way to query “properties” set by another analysis. (Maybe you could answer there are well :fingers crossed:) I was suprised to see “settings of client” return one property that had been set/determined by an analysis.

Getting back on my feet: should I read “settings of client” to mean the values that are available via “Edit Settings” and, maybe also via a .ini or .cfg file? If so, brings me back to my real question: how to “Inspect” properties (rather than settings).

If it is answered in your link above - my apology - only know going to read that. Wanted to rephrasse my question while it was cleared in my mind.

Exactly - “settings of client” (in Client Relevance, evaluated on the endpoint) retrieves any of the values you can see in the ‘Edit Settings’ dialog.

The “Client Settings” Analysis/Property on the server retrieves those values from the client.

There are two basic types of relevance. ‘Client Relevance’ is evaluated on the endpoint itself, and can be used in Fixlet/Task Relevance: ActionScript Substitutions; Group Relevance; and Analysis Properties.

‘Session Relevance’ is evaluated on the server, and can retrieve previously-reported values from the database. It’s used in Dashboards, Wizards, Web Reports, and REST API.

So, are you trying to create new properties by inspecting the clients (i.e. a new Analysis), or trying to build a report for existing properties (i.e. Web Reports / Dashboard)?

More the above:

e.g., I have a task to store the machine serial number (as it needs to run a program to fetch it), and an analysis to put that into a property (e.g., MSN). I wish to use a second analysis, that knows about serial numbers to set a property, e.g., Location (e.g., the name of a Data Center).

(update: I suppose this could also be used “on the server” for dynamic groups, etc., but for my current learning task - I am focused on “at the client analysis”).

Because “QnA” is not able to access this kind of information (that the BESClient can) I have been trying to mock things together using “Tools->Edit Properties”.

I have come to the conclusion I will need to use “settings of site”, i,e., { setting “MSN” of site “abcd” }.

I have the strong impression “Action” language does not have a construct for going through the {sites} (or would that be {name of sites} or {names of sites}.

I am trying to learn to see the world in the “BigFix” language way. Just taking time.