Alert when application is installed or uninstalled

Hi strawgate,

I have one requirement like application install (or) uninstall from the endpoints, admin should get the mail alert, is there any possible from Bigfix?

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Sure can!

Just make a fixlet to install the application in question, make another one to uninstall. Figure out what machines you want to install it on and action the install against those machines, figure out what you want to remove it from and action the uninstall against those machines. Figure out what info you want in the report and create a report in web reports.

The way BigFix works is you

1. You identify something you want to do
  2. You evaluate the way you want to do
  3. You implement it.

On the forums we can help you only with #2 and if you have issues with #3.

So my first question is, what are you hoping to install/uninstall? My second question is, what info would you like to see in the report?

Hi,

I want two process from bigfix,

1. If any Bigfix agent running devices (machines) , the user install any application (or) software from the devices (machines) for example Team viewer, WinRAR, Adobe flash player etc.
    the bigfix administrator get an email alert like this user are installed this software,

2. the same scenario user doing any application uninstall process from the same bigfix agent running devices, bigfix administrator can get the alert like this user are uninstalled this software,

this is ,my pain point, so can we achieve this task using Bigfix,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Hi,

go from another side ?

1. Define the list of allowed applications in your org.
  2. create analysis which will identify that something installed not from allowed list. (but often user could use mobile-program’s versions which doesn’t require installation)