AIX Logical Volume information

I’m trying to create an analysis that would list the same thing on an AIX box that would be listed if you ran lsvg. the following statement will return all the active volumes:

volume groups of logical volume managers

this issue is i also want to list inactive volumes, which is what lsvg shows (both active and inactive). I could write an analysis that would read an output of a file that i could create that would just contain the output of running lsvg, but i was hoping relevance could handle something like this.

Any information or help on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Where does lsvg get the info about inactive volumes? Is it possible to read the info from a file somewhere on the system already?

Otherwise the inspectors would require enhancement, or you’d have to do what you describe and use a periodic “probe” action that would output the results of the command to a file and then read that back with relevance. Sadly that is probably the best option in the short term.

hey @jgstew i looked at the man page for ‘lsvg’ and it doesn’t explain a whole lot as to how it grabs the info. i think i’ll probably the the ouput to file fixlet/analysis read route cause i know i will get what i need. thanks for the response!

1 Like