Airgap and RHEL Patching

HI,
Anyone use BigFix in a AIrGap environment? I am able to gather RHEL patches using the RHSM download catcher, Move the files to a USB drive put the patch files in the Airgapped server SHA1 folder and the metadata in the download_dir as docs instruct. When a RHEL patch is requested it tries to go to the internet for the patches instead of the local folders. All windows and CIS stuff comes in file. Anyone with some help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jack

Have you configured the RHSM Download Plugin on the airgapped server? It contains a configuration file in which you will need to direct the plugin to your cached download repo, and an option to use only the cached repo to avoid Internet downloads.

Unfortunately I can’t check at the moment, but it’s a plain-text file under the Mirror Server directory once you’ve enabled the RHSMDownload Plugin.

I used this successfully in an airgapped deployment.

1 Like

Thanks’ Jason,
I did install the plugin, edited the .ini to point to the local repo and certs. It is still not working, I may be missing a step, I have read all the documentation but was hoping someone would have a step by step guide other the posted docs.

-Jack