Adding Standalone Web Reports (Linux)

Currently our WebReports is running on master server and I would like to move WebReports (and WebUI) off onto a smaller server to reduce load on master server.

Does a standalone WebReports Linux server require DB2 (database) to be installed locally or should it work with only a client connection back to the master DB2 instance where BESREPOR (and BFENT) currently exist?

It support both ways, please see documentation:

Thanks.
That’s what I understood as well.

We’re trying to install but the connection to DB is failing inside the installation even though we can test the DB client connection manually after it fails.

I started to wonder if it was looking for a local DB even though we’re trying to use a remote setup.

Sounds like time for a support case.

What version? Some of the prequisites (like unixODBC) vary by version. Here’s the list for 11.x

Thanks for the suggestion/support @JasonWalker.

We have prerequisites covered.
It seems the installation does not fully configure the db2inst1 user for remote connections (so connect to DB fails) and the installation doesn’t connect with the client installed and configured beforehand. It seems like it expects to create a new BESREPOR and fails to connect to the existing DB.

Dusting this one off…

The intention was to use the same DB2 instance that the master server leverages today and where the current BESREPOR DB and application is installed.

@JasonWalker, do you know, assuming the Web Reports instance that was on the master has been stopped/disabled, should the existing BESREPOR be dropped before installing WebReports on another host or can WebReports share the same BESREPOR DB?

You should be able to install with an existing database, which would treat it as if it were a Disaster Recovery. I’d recommend opening a Support ticket though and the team can step through it with you.