Adding DSA server

(imported topic written by hbkrules6991)

All:

We are in the process of adding a new server to allow replication for reduncancy. In the process of installing(which i did 2 different times), the Database on the master server now shows two replication servers which are not really there. How can I go about removing these extra ServerIDs from the Database. I tried the following

“Delete from replication_servers Where ServerID =‘1’” which did not work.

PS: How I removed the install from the other two servers was simply by going to Add/Remove and those choosing Remove. I deleted the Program Files\BES directory, the databases and the Reg keys as well. I have already downloaded the BES Admin guide and looked thru that but there was only a blurb about removing a replication server and mentioned calling this dbo.delete_replication_server( 1 ) which did not work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks…

(imported comment written by BenKus)

You should use the delete_replication_server stored procedure that you mentioned… What happens when you run it?

Also, you can see the servers by using this:

select * from replication_servers

Ben

(imported comment written by hbkrules6991)

No errors, I reran the SP again

exec delete_replication_server @ServerID=‘1’, and it it says it completed sucessfully this time, but it still shows up when I run select * from replication_servers

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hmm… I think that database column is an integer and not a string… try like this:

exec delete_replication_server @ServerID=1

(and note that you will still see the entries in the replication_servers table, but the “isDeleted” column should go to ‘1’)

Does that work?

Ben

(imported comment written by hbkrules6991)

This is why you are the master. The IsDeleted on both of them was already set to 1 so my first or second crack at it worked…if i do not post before Xmas…Happy Holidays to all…

Thanks

Paul