Adding custom data to TEM database

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

How can I add custom data about managed computers to TEM database. I need this data to be be visible in the console and web reports. Than, how can I use it in relevances?

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Check out

Manage Properties

in the

Tools

menu of the Console.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

NoahSalzman wrote:

Check out

Manage Properties

in the

Tools

menu of the Console.

Thanks for reply. As I understand Properties are calculated Client-side, aren’t they? I have a set of data which I want to add to database by sql query or another automated Server-side way. How can I do it.

If you’re brave enough, you could add it to the database directly but it is organized in a kind of “hairy” way… Be very careful when dealing with the database directly. It has a direct impact on the speed and effeciency of your root server.

One problem you’re going to find is how to link it to specific endpoints. I’m assuming you want to link a specific piece of data to a specific endpoint?

One possible way is to setup your sql query for the specific data on a webserver and have your endpoints “query” SOAP, OData or something to retrieve that data. Then it can be pulled back as a client property.

Daniel_Moran91 wrote:

If you’re brave enough, you could add it to the database directly but it is organized in a kind of “hairy” way… Be very careful when dealing with the database directly. It has a direct impact on the speed and effeciency of your

root server.

Did you said there is no proper/supported way for automated data insertion?

For example I would add to TEM the following data: (ComputerName, TagNo., Location, PersonResponsibleFor) how can I do it? Manually adding data for each endpoint is not an option for me.

One problem you’re going to find is how to link it to specific endpoints. I’m assuming you want to link a specific piece of data to a specific endpoint?

Yes.

One possible way is to setup your sql query for the specific data on a webserver and have your endpoints “query” SOAP, OData or something to retrieve that data. Then it can be pulled back as a client property.

Can I add this data to

BFEnterprise

dbo

QUESTIONRESULTS

? For example something like this:

SiteID AnalysisID PropertyID ComputerID ResultsText

-2024026707 225 1

-2024026707 225 2

-2024026707 225 3

If it should work, how can I choose proper values of AnalysisID and PropertyID? What ReportNumber is? How to make it visible in consoles and webreports?

I’ve prepare file with records such as ComputerName.PropertyName. And used ActionScript:

begin prefetch block add prefetch item name=temp sha1=17F91145F0AF73BC1236E9A5815E004D4A151402 size=31263   url=SWDProtocol:
//127.0.0.1:52311/uploads/17F91145F0AF73BC1236E9A5815E004D4A151402/file.txt.bfswd end prefetch block   regset 
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\User]" 
"value"=
"{following text of first "=
" of (first match (regex ((if dns name contains ".
" then concatenation of preceding text of first ".
" of dns name else dns name) as lowercase & ".User=.+
")) of lines of file "temp
" of folder "__Download
" )}" regset 
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\eMail]" 
"value"=
"{following text of first "=
" of (first match (regex ((if dns name contains ".
" then concatenation of preceding text of first ".
" of dns name else dns name) as lowercase & ".eMail=.+
")) of lines of file "temp
" of folder "__Download
" )}" delete __Download\temp notify client ForceRefresh

It is not what I excactly wanted, but it works fine. Thanks all.

I am unclear how the file should look?

I’d recommend starting a new thread with details on what you are trying to achieve as this one is really quite old.