Add Shared Printer with Fixlet

I’ve created a Fixlet for installing a shared Printer on client computers.

This one work with a user who has admin Privilèges.

override wait
hidden=true
runas=currentuser
wait cmd.exe /c rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /q /in /n "\\SERVER\printer"

But I was not able to make it work on a client who haven’t admin rights.

What I Tried :

override wait
completion=job
hidden=true
runas=localuser
user=administrateur
password=required

tried a lot of other thing but Nothing worked on a computer without admin rights.
I know it’s possible to do this with gpo but I need a Fixlet.

Thanks

Robin

Use this- its working fine in my environment.

prefetch RunAsCurrentUser-2.0.3.1.exe sha1:ee47505ebfb2790b9da8a20ed70e67158e9753d0 size:342528 http://software.bigfix.com/download/bes/util/RunAsCurrentUser-2.0.3.1.exe
rundetached __Download\RunAsCurrentUser-2.0.3.1.exe --w --q cmd.exe /c "rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /in /n \\192.168.0.X\abc_ptr01"

Edited
Thanks for reply m_mukesh1984,

prefetch RunAsCurrentUser-2.0.3.1.exe sha1:ee47505ebfb2790b9da8a20ed70e67158e9753d0 size:342528 http://software.bigfix.com/download/bes/util/RunAsCurrentUser-2.0.3.1.exe 
rundetached __Download\RunAsCurrentUser-2.0.3.1.exe --w --q cmd.exe /c "rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /in /n \\Server\printer" 

Work on a computer with Admin user but not without…

Btw I think it’s the same as the folowing ?

override wait
hidden=true
runas=currentuser

On the computer where you applied this fixlet, is the user admin ?

Hi,

I applied this one for user only (Without Admin rights) & printer is shared with security permission to all.

Is the driver already on the computer? Or are you hoping mapping it here installs the driver?

Bill

@m_mukesh1984 : your solution work but then the users can modify the settings of the Printer. And the only solution will be to give right, launch the fixlet, remove right.

@strawgate : The driver is on the server, I want to do the same as when you double click on the shared printer.

If I run this command : rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /q /in /n "\Server\printer"
on a cmd Windows on a client who haven’t admin right, it’s working.
So I’m curious, why If I only ran this command in a fixlet, it does need a driver or right privilege on the printer in the server…

Dont give edit permission on printer to restrict settings of the printer, allow read permission.