Add New Computer/Server

Hello BigFix Community,

I just downloaded the new BigFix client on my new computer! Is there anyway to make my new computer appear on the BigFix console? Do I need to register it on the windows registry?

Thank you!

Uhhh does the client version match your upstream relay(s) and root BES server?

Every BigFix deployment has a unique configuration file, generated by your server, called a “masthead file” or “actionsite.afxm”. That defines the server that is to be used, along with a certificate to authenticate that server.

Usually one would use the BigFix Installation Generator, on your Root Server, to create a customized client install package that includes your deployment’s actionsite file.

The BigFix client installer that is available from software.bigfix.com is generally for upgrading existing clients, that already have the masthead installed. If you’re trying to use that package to perform clean installs, you’ll still need to get your deployment’s masthead file to get started.

If you’re new to BigFix, I’d really recommend talking a bit about how it works with your site’s administrators. If you are the administrator, and don’t have a peer group to work with, I’d very strongly recommend signing up for some of the live training options we have. Get in touch with your Tech Advisor or reseller and we can help you get started. Or send me a private message if you aren’t sure who your contacts are, and I can help you get in touch.