Add a new custom setting for all clients and future clients

hi
please see attached. i would like to add this custom settings to all existing and future bes clients on the system. i couldn’t find where to edit this set of settings

I would suggest creating a fixlet that detects systems missing the settings you want to enforce withthe action to set the settings to your required values then deploy that as a policy action. Eg: if you wanted to have a 500MB limit

Detection
(not exists setting "_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB" whose (value of it = "500") of client) or (not exists setting "_BESClient_Download_NormalStageDiskLimitMB" whose (value of it = "500") of client)

Action
setting "_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB"="500" on "{parameter "action issue date" of action}" for client
setting "_BESClient_Download_NormalStageDiskLimitMB"="500" on "{parameter "action issue date" of action}" for client

1 Like

Oh cool. And have it on reapply so it will take on future clients?

For new systems, when you send the action, in the Target tab set it to “Dynamically by Property” and select “All Computers”.

In the Settings tab of the action, set “Never Expire” to handle all new computers in the future.

One would Set “Reapply - Whenever it becomes relevant again” so if someone changes the setting after the action runs, the action will run again to set it back. This action would probably not actually set it back though, since the value has an “effective date” of when you take the Action, and a later Effective Date from another action would “win”. To enforce this 9ne value forever, and change it back if someone else tries to modify it, change

"{parameter "action issue date" of action}"

To

"{now}"
2 Likes

cool, thank you very much for this :slight_smile: