When creating fixlets for software installs, prefetch is often used when the installation file is defined with size and hash value.
I know that simply “download” does work. It seems to be especially valuable for files that change and automation isn’t in place to keep a fixlet/task/baseline updated accordingly. Tat said, I have been curious if that has potential negative impacts such as:
- Does the file re-download every single time an action is called?
- If I apply a fixlet with a “download” to say, 2000 clients, does the master server download 2000 servers or just once for the action?
- Is there a concern if I have two open actions but the file changed in between open actions?
- Does the master server cache get filled up with duplicate downloads?
- Please share any thoughts / experience on this.