Actions preset not working on WEBUI

Hello everybody
I have some tasks that I need to make available to users via WEBUI.

I created a task via console and included some lock settings, such as preventing users from disabling the “Ends On” option.

Via console is working as expected, preventing the end user from changing the default task settings.

But,

On the WEBUI, when I try to take the action as an end user, the lock settings are not applied and I can edit them.

What am I doing wrong?

Hey @diogoraphael, thanks for reaching out to the team. I think I’ve been able to see something similar on my deployments. Lemme see what we can do about this one and get back to you.

Hello @diogoraphael, sorry for the wrong reply, I kinda let this one slip.

So bad news first, I’ve confirmed that action lock settings isn’t something that’s supported by the WebUI right now, and the fix isn’t simple enough where I can just like give you a hotfix right now. Good news is that it’s something we’re actively looking at right now and will definitely be part of a future WebUI release.

The first version of something like this may just respect whatever the BigFix Console sets in terms of action lock settings for baselines or custom content. V2 might be setting that kind of stuff directly within the WebUI.

2 Likes

Is this already possible?

Not yet, action presets are still somewhere in the roadmap under take action dialog improvements in the WebUI. Was there something specific you needed or a use case you wanted to enable?

Hi @dexdexdex,

Any updates on being able to use presets in WebUI? Specifically, I need our team to be able to use a preset where the messages and offer descriptions were already created.

Thanks!

if you are referring to action setting locks, latest WebUI release on December 2021 added action settings locks support.

WebUI Take Action now honors action settings locks: when a fixlet has been configured to leverage locks on parameters or deployment options, these locks are now respected also when deploying from the WebUI.