Action status pending download

Hi, I tried to apply few tasks like Bes control right click options and other, but the action status is showing pending download and all the downloaded files are cached in the server but still it is not executing the action. It is similar to all the tasks and I tried to restart the bigfix server and reapply the action still the same status. Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,
Vishnu

Does the BigFix client log have any entries related to this task that might help identify the cause of the problem?

–Mark

Can you share the client log of the machine where you deployed this fixlet.

If you go in the console and select your action and then go to the tab Computers and you double click a computer with status pending download, what does it say in the summary? And as stated by @mtrain and @techadmin, could you share the client logs too please?

If you provide the client logs and other info, be sure to redact your root server / relay info.

Hi Guys was this issue resolved… seem to have the same issue … I have a relay… any aditional config required

Do you have sufficient space on your relays, root server, and clients for caching the downloads?

Are the caches for your root & relays large enough?

On the action details I get the following error.

Download error: "Unexpected HTTP response: 403 Forbidden"
Download requested on server:
URL: http://esdgr01/standalone/spc71630_us_0.cspwin.install_iplno.exe
Hash: (sha1)ebcf9687a6c8b769954b95b9b1054fcdc82d2eea
Size:
Next retry: 7 minutes

WHen running http://esdgr01/standalone/spc71630_us_0.cspwin.install_iplno.exe

I get the page

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /standalone/spc71630_us_0.cspwin.install_iplno.exe on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at esdgr01 Port 80

That doesn’t look like a public website. Contact your web server admin.

1 Like

Hi jason I am the admin …lol :slight_smile: not sure where to start looking at this issue

Start by hitting the web server url from a browser.

403 Forbidden is a web server response. Either it’s not available anonymously or you have an IP address restriction or file permissions blocking you.

1 Like

can i host the file from relay and change the prefetch location?

You could host it on the BES Root server, for example under wwwrootbes/Uploads/MyContent/filename.exe , and access it via http://127.0.0.1:52311/Uploads/MyContent/filename.exe

The Relays themselves won’t handle the downloads, they pass the download request up to the root server.

1 Like

Open a support ticket for the Internal IBM GTS BigFix Support Team. This site is managed by someone on that side and it’s probably the file is not available for public access, you could check other files from the GTS sites that are downloaded from that server and see if you can download them.

2 Likes

I have same issue
when i am trying to download the file using the URLi ws able to download but, when tried from console to execute it is showing same error as mentioned.

If you got the same error (403:Forbidden) then the website requires user authentication to access the files. If it’s an internal company site then your browser may be logging you in transparently. To download the file via Bigfix you’ll need to move the download file to a site that the root server can access anonymously.

I have credentials with which i am manually able to download the link from the browser, previous task which is also related to GTS URL download which asked for the credentials and executed when provided.

Hi All,

I have the same issue as the original topic, my action stocked in Pending Downloads and look at the log file and found this:

Client Log:
ActionLogMessage: (group:118303,action118304) Action signature verified for Downloads
DownloadsAvailable: checking for 'http://relayname:52311/bfmirror/downloads/118304/0’
DownloadsAvailable: false (action id 118304)

But when I looked at the Parent Relay client log file, it did not received the action ID: 118303.
I looked at again in the relays download file, I found the corresponding sha1 of the fixlet it looks like it was there already, but did not received the action ID:118303 sent by the Bigfix Server.

Please Help.

Best Regards,
Jay